Farm Bureau filed comments on Friday, May 1 in response to a request by the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) for comments on extending the effective date of the December 5 rule implementing changes to the Spill Prevention, Control and Countermeasures (SPCC) regulation.
Policy & Politics
- Congress extends tax breaks beneficial to farmers
- Hirsch: What we do at this meeting matters
- Ohio needs more infrastructure, food processing to meet demand for local food
- Tips for entrepreneurs overheard at the Ohio Farm and Food Leadership Forum
- Catlett tells farmers to prepare for the golden age of agriculture
Marketing agreements are valuable tools that Ohio farmers can use to achieve tailored marketing, production, research and educational efforts with the goal of improving Ohio agriculture’s position within state, national and international markets.
OFBF Executive Vice President Jack Fisher sent the following letter to the members of the Ohio delegation of the U.S. House of Representatives to outline the growing labor and immigration concern in agriculture.
OFBF Executive Vice President Jack Fisher sent the following letter to the Ohio Senate emphasizing the importance of agricultural funding in the state budget.
Agriculture is a bull’s-eye industry for a national energy tax because it is energy-intensive, according to commentary published in Agweek by Reps. Frank Lucas, Sam Graves and Doc Hastings, co-chairs of the Rural America Solutions Group. The “cap and trade” provision of the Waxman-Markey climate...