COLUMBUS, Ohio - The U.S. Department of Agriculture designated four Ohio counties as agricultural natural disaster areas, making certain farmers and other agricultural producers in the counties eligible for low-interest emergency loans from USDA's Farm Service Agency (FSA).
Policy & Politics
- Five questions to ask when approached about pipeline construction
- Newly formed Ohio State advisory team
- Workers’ comp billing system update, deadlines changing
- Board of Tax Appeals ruling that could affect you, input needed
- Ohio State Fair Land & Living Exhibit -- 2014 Schedule of Events
The Ohio Farm Bureau Federation (OFBF) has announced the creation of the Center for Food and Animal Issues. The Center represents Farm Bureau’s expanded commitment to participate in and influence the public dialog over the role animals play in society.
The Environmental Protection Agency issued a final rule Monday banning the use of the pesticide carbofuran on food crops, saying it poses an unacceptable health risk, especially to children.
A bill is moving through the California Legislature that would extend the state’s upcoming ban on small cages for egg-laying hens to out-of-state egg producers. The bill has received support from legislators who opposed Proposition 2.
Supporters say this would provide an economic boost to the industry and recover as much as $1.2 billion in gambling income lost to surrounding states.