COLUMBUS, Ohio - The U.S. Department of Agriculture designated four Ohio counties as agricultural natural disaster areas, making certain farmers and other agricultural producers in the counties eligible for low-interest emergency loans from USDA's Farm Service Agency (FSA).
Policy & Politics
- County FB talks free trade with EU agriculture counselor in Cleveland
- EPA proposes changes to Agricultural Worker Protection Standard
- What do Indie Women, Millennials and Kids have in common?
- AFBF Foundation for Agriculture names childrenís book of the year
- Young Ag Professionals start new group
The Ohio Farm Bureau Federation (OFBF) has announced the creation of the Center for Food and Animal Issues. The Center represents Farm Bureauís expanded commitment to participate in and influence the public dialog over the role animals play in society.
The Environmental Protection Agency issued a final rule Monday banning the use of the pesticide carbofuran on food crops, saying it poses an unacceptable health risk, especially to children.
A bill is moving through the California Legislature that would extend the stateís upcoming ban on small cages for egg-laying hens to out-of-state egg producers. The bill has received support from legislators who opposed Proposition 2.
Supporters say this would provide an economic boost to the industry and recover as much as $1.2 billion in gambling income lost to surrounding states.