The Agriculture Department will make its first in-depth survey of organic farming this spring and will send an eight-page questionnaire to known organic farmers. The survey will ask which crops and livestock are produced, how they are grown and where they are sold.
Policy & Politics
- Congress extends tax breaks beneficial to farmers
- Hirsch: What we do at this meeting matters
- Ohio needs more infrastructure, food processing to meet demand for local food
- Tips for entrepreneurs overheard at the Ohio Farm and Food Leadership Forum
- Catlett tells farmers to prepare for the golden age of agriculture
The Environmental Protection Agency published a proposed rule in the Federal Register, finding that greenhouse gas emissions endanger public health and welfare. Publication of the rule opens a 60-day comment period on a proposal that could result in EPA regulating emissions under the Clean Air Act.