OFBF Senior Director of Policy Development and Environmental Policy, Dr. Larry Antosch testified before the House Agriculture and Natural Resources Committee in support of House Bill 473 regarding the Great Lakes Compact.
Policy & Politics
- Congress extends tax breaks beneficial to farmers
- Hirsch: What we do at this meeting matters
- Ohio needs more infrastructure, food processing to meet demand for local food
- Tips for entrepreneurs overheard at the Ohio Farm and Food Leadership Forum
- Catlett tells farmers to prepare for the golden age of agriculture
OFBF Director of State Policy, Beth Vanderkooi testified before the Senate Finance Committee in support of House Bill 482 regarding Clean Ohio funding.
OFBF Director of Legislative Relations, Spencer Waugh testified before the Senate Agriculture, Environment, and Natural Resources Committee in support of Senate Bill 309.
In 2012, Ohio Farm Bureau will focus on a new direction in the next farm bill, securing a new dairy safety net, regulatory oversight and reducing regulatory burdens, tax policy and budget, and food quality and safety.
In 2012, Ohio Farm Bureau will give attention to the State Capital Budget; business climate and taxes; growing an agriculture economy; animal care; energy and environment; Agricultural Education, Rural Schools and Workforce Development; and increasing grassroots political awareness and involvement.