Farm Bureau members are encouraged to get involved in the 2012 elections by volunteering for and learning about candidates both at the local and state levels.
Policy & Politics
- Five questions to ask when approached about pipeline construction
- Newly formed Ohio State advisory team
- Workers’ comp billing system update, deadlines changing
- Board of Tax Appeals ruling that could affect you, input needed
- Ohio State Fair Land & Living Exhibit -- 2014 Schedule of Events
Marketing agreements are valuable tools that Ohio farmers can use to achieve tailored marketing, production, research and educational efforts with the goal of improving Ohio agriculture’s position within state, national and international markets.
In 2012, lawmakers are likely to adopt a capital improvements bill. The capital bill appropriates money for the acquisition, construction, equipment, or renovation of buildings and other facilities of other agencies.
House Bill 415 (Sprague, Hill) and Senate Bill 281 (Beagle) are bills to expand the Agricultural Linked Deposit Program in Ohio. The legislation expands both the available per-loan amount from $100,000 to $150,000.
The Ohio Supreme Court recently sided with a group of landowners who have suffered damaging flooding after the Ohio Department of Natural Resources redesigned and significantly increased the size of a spillway at Grand Lake St. Mary’s. In State ex. rel. Doner v. Zody, 2011-Ohio-6117, the state...