OFBF Executive Vice President Jack Fisher sent the following letter to the members of the Ohio delegation of the U.S. House of Representatives to outline the growing labor and immigration concern in agriculture.
Policy & Politics
- Hirsch: What we do at this meeting matters
- Ohio needs more infrastructure, food processing to meet demand for local food
- Tips for entrepreneurs overheard at the Ohio Farm and Food Leadership Forum
- Catlett tells farmers to prepare for the golden age of agriculture
- Transition Planning and Social Security Benefits
While drought has had harsh impact, we don't believe a waiver of the Renewable Fuel Standard would provide meaningful relief to livestock producers. Steps to alleviate feed-related concerns (relaxing restrictions on haying & grazing on Conservation Reserve Program acres) provide a better solution.
Filed November 25, 2008. Advance Notice of Proposed Rulemaking for regulating greenhouse gases under the Federal Clean Air Act.
RE: proposed rule - temporary agricultural employment of H-2A aliens. Letter submitted jointly by Ohio Produce Growers & Marketers Association & Ohio Farm Bureau Federation.
RE: Supplemental notice of proposed rule making - Revised NPDES regulations for Concentrated Feeding Operations.