Comments sent to U.S. EPA. OFBF believes air emissions from animal waste on farms should be exempt from reporting requirements under the Comprehensive Environmental Response and Recovery Act of 1980 (CERCLA) & the Emergency Planning & Community Right-to-Know Act (EPCRA).
Policy & Politics
- Congress extends tax breaks beneficial to farmers
- Hirsch: What we do at this meeting matters
- Ohio needs more infrastructure, food processing to meet demand for local food
- Tips for entrepreneurs overheard at the Ohio Farm and Food Leadership Forum
- Catlett tells farmers to prepare for the golden age of agriculture
Comments to the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency regarding the draft 2008 Gulf of Mexico Hypoxia Action Plan
Ohio requested US EPA approve a revision to the Ohio NPDES program to allow ODA to administer the parts of the program pertaining to concentrated animal feeding operations (CAFOs) and storm water associated with construction activity at animal feeding operations in Ohio.
RE: Supplemental notice of proposed rule making - Revised NPDES regulations for Concentrated Feeding Operations.
RE: proposed rule - temporary agricultural employment of H-2A aliens. Letter submitted jointly by Ohio Produce Growers & Marketers Association & Ohio Farm Bureau Federation.