Steve Hirsch with Hirsch Fruit Farm testified before the US House of Representatives. Hirsch's message was that different fruit and vegetable farms in Ohio have different environments and operation size, which require different food safety practices. However, all Ohio produce farms tailor their food safety practices to provide the customer the safest and highest quality of food possible. Hirsch testified that one single national, one-size-fits all structure will not work and a national food safety system that allows for specific on-farm practices to be developed at the state level will achieve the best results.
Policy & Politics
- Senate makes Farm Bill amendment to crop insurance program
- Agricultural Labor Reform to be Considered by Senate
- Prepare for pipeline development increases across Ohio
- Ohio Livestock Coalition accepting nominations for 'Neighbor of the Year' awards
- Ohio Agricultural Hall of Fame Inductees announced
Farmers and ranchers who believe that the United States Department of Agriculture has improperly denied them farm loan benefits between 1981 and 2000 because they are Hispanic or because they are women may be eligible to apply for compensation.