OFBF Director of State Policy, Brandon Kern submitted written testimony to members of the Senate Finance Education Sub-Committee regarding items important to Farm Bureau in the state budget bill.
Policy & Politics
- Agricultural Labor Reform to be Considered by Senate
- Prepare for pipeline development increases across Ohio
- Ohio Livestock Coalition accepting nominations for 'Neighbor of the Year' awards
- Ohio Agricultural Hall of Fame Inductees announced
- Ohio Congressional delegation involved in Farm Bill progress
The grain indemnity fund was created in 1983 to reimburse farmers in the event a licensed grain elevator became insolvent. Historic increases in agriculture commodity prices have fueled new debate about the appropriate level of funding for the grain indemnity fund.
Ohio Department of Agriculture Director James Zehringer announced animal care rules developed by the Ohio Livestock Care Standards Board will become effective Sept. 29, 2011. Farm community encouraged to attend five regional informational meetings.
The Public Utilities Commission (PUCO) has revised its rules relative to motor carrier transportation safety. These revised rules now extend PUCO jurisdiction to regulate vehicle safety to vehicles with a Gross Vehicle Weight Rating (GVWR) of 10,001 to 26,000 pounds that are operating...
Proposed Draft Biosolids Rules, OAC 3745 - 40 submitted to Ohio EPA, Division of Surface Water