Ohio Farm Bureau Federation (OFBF) effectively lobbied to get language in the state transportation budget that could curb ATV (All-Terrain Vehicle) trespassing. Those who trespass on an ATV will face increased penalties and a “3rd strike and you’re out” provision that allows for the confiscation of their vehicle.
Policy & Politics
- Agricultural Labor Reform to be Considered by Senate
- Prepare for pipeline development increases across Ohio
- Ohio Livestock Coalition accepting nominations for 'Neighbor of the Year' awards
- Ohio Agricultural Hall of Fame Inductees announced
- Ohio Congressional delegation involved in Farm Bill progress
Buckeye Farm News published a re-cap of the significant public policy victories from 2009.
Here is the Buckeye Farm News re-cap of public policy achievements in 2010.
“Powerful” is a fitting description of Ohio Farm Bureau’s legislative successes in 2011. In a time when many advocacy organizations are fighting to remain relevant, farmers are working together through Farm Bureau to achieve impressive results at the Statehouse.
Congressional ratification of three bilateral free-trade agreements between the United States and Korea, Colombia and Panama, as well as approval of Trade Adjustment Assistance, is welcome news for farmers and ranchers, according to the American Farm Bureau...