Ohio Farm Bureau Federation (OFBF) effectively lobbied to get language in the state transportation budget that could curb ATV (All-Terrain Vehicle) trespassing. Those who trespass on an ATV will face increased penalties and a “3rd strike and you’re out” provision that allows for the confiscation of their vehicle.
Policy & Politics
- Hirsch: What we do at this meeting matters
- Ohio needs more infrastructure, food processing to meet demand for local food
- Tips for entrepreneurs overheard at the Ohio Farm and Food Leadership Forum
- Catlett tells farmers to prepare for the golden age of agriculture
- Transition Planning and Social Security Benefits
Buckeye Farm News published a re-cap of the significant public policy victories from 2009.
Here is the Buckeye Farm News re-cap of public policy achievements in 2010.
“Powerful” is a fitting description of Ohio Farm Bureau’s legislative successes in 2011. In a time when many advocacy organizations are fighting to remain relevant, farmers are working together through Farm Bureau to achieve impressive results at the Statehouse.
Congressional ratification of three bilateral free-trade agreements between the United States and Korea, Colombia and Panama, as well as approval of Trade Adjustment Assistance, is welcome news for farmers and ranchers, according to the American Farm Bureau...