Ohio Farm Bureau Federation (OFBF) effectively lobbied to get language in the state transportation budget that could curb ATV (All-Terrain Vehicle) trespassing. Those who trespass on an ATV will face increased penalties and a “3rd strike and you’re out” provision that allows for the confiscation of their vehicle.
Policy & Politics
- Five questions to ask when approached about pipeline construction
- Newly formed Ohio State advisory team
- Workers’ comp billing system update, deadlines changing
- Board of Tax Appeals ruling that could affect you, input needed
- Ohio State Fair Land & Living Exhibit -- 2014 Schedule of Events
Buckeye Farm News published a re-cap of the significant public policy victories from 2009.
Here is the Buckeye Farm News re-cap of public policy achievements in 2010.
“Powerful” is a fitting description of Ohio Farm Bureau’s legislative successes in 2011. In a time when many advocacy organizations are fighting to remain relevant, farmers are working together through Farm Bureau to achieve impressive results at the Statehouse.
Congressional ratification of three bilateral free-trade agreements between the United States and Korea, Colombia and Panama, as well as approval of Trade Adjustment Assistance, is welcome news for farmers and ranchers, according to the American Farm Bureau...