Governor Ted Strickland and the General Assembly have worked together to create a comprehensive energy plan. Known as Amended Substitute Senate Bill 221 (S.B. 221), the Ohio Farm Bureau Federation and its members provided leadership in the process to support its passage.
Policy & Politics
- Congress extends tax breaks beneficial to farmers
- Hirsch: What we do at this meeting matters
- Ohio needs more infrastructure, food processing to meet demand for local food
- Tips for entrepreneurs overheard at the Ohio Farm and Food Leadership Forum
- Catlett tells farmers to prepare for the golden age of agriculture
This video features Ohio Farm Bureau Vice President of Public Policy Adam Sharp recapping many of the organization's key policy, political and grassroots activities in 2012.
Issue 2 is also known as the Clean Ohio Fund. This initiative generates $200 million to preserve farmland and other natural areas and $200 million to redevelop polluted sites. Clean Ohio encourages smart growth policies and funds farmland preservation programs.
The Ohio Supreme Court recently sided with a group of landowners who have suffered damaging flooding after the Ohio Department of Natural Resources redesigned and significantly increased the size of a spillway at Grand Lake St. Mary’s. In State ex. rel. Doner v. Zody, 2011-Ohio-6117, the state...