Applications are now being accepted for the new AgriPower class! Never before in history of agriculture has there been the urgency there is today for leaders and advocates for agriculture. With that in mind, Ohio farm Bureau Federation (OFBF) launched an elite program designed especially for farmers and agribusiness professionals: AgriPOWER. This yearlong program focuses on public policy issues confronting agriculture policies. It helps individuals develop the skills necessary to become effective leaders and advocates for agriculture by learning from experts in these fields. Additionally, the program is respectful of today’s busy farm and family calendar.
You should apply if:
- You want to improve your understanding of current issues and develop the skills necessary to lead and become an advocate for agriculture.
- You have a passion for agriculture and see yourself in a leadership role in the future.
- You are interested in the political process and/or have thought about running for office.
- You are open to new experiences and learning.
- You can commit to the time necessary to participate in the program.
Tentative Class Schedule:SESSION 1—July 23-24, 2010 (Columbus, Ohio)SESSION 2—August 26-28, 2010 (Wooster, Ohio)SESSION 3—September 24-25, 2010 (Columbus, Ohio)SESSION 4—December 10-11, 2010 (To be announced)SESSION 5—January 19-21, 2010 (Washington, DC)SESSION 6—February 24-26, 2010 (To be announced)SESSION 7—March 25-26, 2010 (Columbus, Ohio)
Cost is $4000 – but PLEASE don’t let the cost deter you from applying, there are scholarships available on both the county and state levels to help make the cost of the program affordable for YOU!
For more information please contact your local farm bureau office at 1-800-260-3499 or via email at [email protected]. Deadline is June 1, 2010.