Ohio Farm Bureau believes in providing youth opportunities to grow in areas of leadership, teamwork and personal development. Youth leadership development is a key component of Ohio Farm Bureau.
The Ohio State Fair Junior Fair Board is made up of 22 individuals (16-20 years of age) who represent youth from organizations across Ohio. They are appointed by a committee to serve a two-year term. Members must be positive role models in attitude, dress, conduct, integrity and accountability.
Ohio Farm Bureau will be selecting two individuals to serve as its ambassadors to the Ohio State Fair Junior Fair Board.
- Must be a Farm Bureau member family or be a Farm Bureau member in his/her own right.
- Must be at least 16 years old by January 1 and no older than 19 when chosen to serve.
- Must have definite leadership potential and the ability to work with others.
- The Junior Fair Board team meets six times during the year.
- May not be a state-wide officer in any other youth organization at the same time as serving on the State Junior Fair Board.
APPLICATION AND DEADLINE
Applications must be submitted to your county office no later than March 17. Handwritten applications will not be accepted. Applications will then be submitted to the Regional Supervisor who will select the top three finalists from each region and submit the forms to the Ohio Farm Bureau selection committee.
- Selection committee has the option to interview applicants prior to final selection.
- Applicants must meet all eligibility requirements and complete all sections of this application form
- Submit three letters of recommendation (cannot use family members as a reference)
- Submit one color photo with the application
TEAM MEMBER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Serve as an ambassador between Ohio Farm Bureau, the Fair and the Fair-going public
- Assist in the WCOL Celeste Center and with various competitions for youth
- Deliver and present awards
- Assist with the daily parade, as well as many other programs and activities throughout the twelve days of the Fair
- Participate in three local Farm Bureau activities as a volunteer
- Attend two local Farm Bureau Board meetings to report on your service and experiences at the Oho State Fair as a Junior Fair Board member.
Contact Darrell Rubel at 614-246-8277 or email@example.com with questions.