Application Deadline is May 18, 2012.
· If you want to improve your understanding of current issues and develop the skills necessary to lead and become an advocate for agriculture.
· You have a passion for agriculture and see yourself in a leadership role in the future.
· You are interest in the political process and/or have thought about running for office.
· You are open to new experiences and learning.
· You can commit the time necessary to participate in the program.
Tuition is $4,500 per person plus each individual is responsible for $400 participation deposit. Tuition includes lodging, meals, breaks, group travel and all course materials. There are numerous scholarships available through OFBF.
To encourage ownership and a firm commitment to the program each participant will be asked to contribute $400 which will be returned to the participant as graduation if the participant attends every session in its entirety. $50 per Ohio session or $100 for the Washington D.C. session will be deducted from the reimbursement for each part of any institute the participant misses. Participants may seek scholarship support locally for any or all of the $400 participation deposit. Contact you local Farm Bureau office for application and additional information.
SESSION 1 – July 20-21, 2012 – Columbus
SESSION 2 – August 23-25, 2012 – Wooster
SESSION 3 – September 27-28, 2012 – Columbus
SESSION 4 -December 7-8, 2012 – To be announced
SESSION 5 – January 23-25, 2013 – Washington, D.C.
SESSION 6 – February 21-23, 2013 – To be announced
SESSION 7 – March 22-23, 2013 – Columbus