The Ohio Historical Society reaches out to our community for education and information. They already provide Ohio Farm Bureau Members with discounts on yearly memberships but they are trying to reach out to the agricultural community even more. Here is their newest idea:
Do you enjoy visiting over 50+ historic sites in Ohio and you and three guests will breeze through the admission gate for FREE. Your fees will be covered through your “Summer Fun Membership” available starting June 2, 2012 at the Ohio History Center and online at Ohiohistory.org after June 13.
“We are launching this new limited offer membership to encourage people to visit the 58 sites in the Ohio Historical Society network,” said Jane M. Mason, Director of Marketing and Communications for the Society. “Last week we launched our new ’Passport to Your Ohio History’ program and already people are extremely excited about getting their personal history passports stamped at the sites. It is wonderfully fun to see this much enthusiasm for these programs at the Society’s historic sites.”
The Summer Fun Membership is only $25 and permits the card holder and three other guests to visit any of the sites with the admission waived during the summer.“To have admission to these sites at no charge beyond the price of the ‘Summer Fun Membership’ is a way to bring more of Ohio history to more people this summer. This is a very different type of membership—its for a limited time but with the opportunity and encouragement to attend sites every day. Today maybe visit with three ‘girl friends,’ maybe tomorrow with three youngsters, maybe the next day as two couples—we are intrigued with how it will be used.”
Details for the New 2012 “Summer Fun” Membership·
- The “Summer Fun Membership” is a special limited time offer membership to celebrate “Summer of Fun” at Ohio Village with the “Passport to Your Ohio History” Program featuring the Society’s historic sites throughout Ohio. ·
- Purchase the “Summer Fun Membership” at the Ohio History Center as of 6/2/12 to kick-off the opening of Ohio Village. Purchase online starting mid-June. ·
- The “Summer Fun Membership” will be sold through 8/1/12. All expire 9/30/12. ·
- $25.00 each (no discounts). ·
- Admits 4. (The person named on the membership card needs to be present at each visit, but the other three people could include any combination of kids or adults.) ·
- Benefits would be limited exclusively to free admission at all Ohio Historical Society sites—including the Ohio Village, and to a subscription to the online newsletter, Ohio Historye-news. (For example, no special event discounts or admissions, or shopping discounts are included.) ·
- New members only. We always welcome your membership renewals, but this offer is available on new memberships only. If your membership has lapsed for six months or more, you are eligible.