Due to the hurry-up, frantic, not-enough-hours-in-the-day lifestyles most of us lead, we seldom get to slow down even for the really important things in life.
The following are some special thoughts in capsule form for you to think about today instead of overdue bills, everything that needs fixing, the sick kid and cow, the house that needs cleaning or the pile of laundry that has to be washed.
· You make a living by what you get, but you make a life by what you give.
· The right temperature at home is maintained by warm hearts, not hot heads.
· There’s plenty of room at the top; there’s just not room to sit down.
· Kindness is a language that the deaf can hear and the blind can see.
· Resentment must be uprooted if forgiveness is to flower.
· It isn’t our position that makes us happy, but rather our disposition.
· The person who rows the boat generally doesn’t have time to rock it.
· When you bury the hatchet, don’t mark the grave.
· Giant oak trees started out as little nuts that stood their ground.
· What should not be heard by little ears should not be said by big mouths.
· Life is 10 percent what happens to us and 90 percent how we respond.
Kathy Smith is a farm wife from Wayne Township. She writes for the Ashtabula County Farm Bureau.