On Tuesday, March 24, Paulding County Farm Bureau will be hosting a renewable engery meeting, Do Your Homework While Investing in Renewable Energy, with Dale Arnold; Director, Energy, Utility and Local Government Policy, Ohio Farm Bureau Federation.
During the meeting, he will help participants explore key issues, as well as formulate questions consumers need to have addressed to ensure their investment is an effective tool for helping them control their energy costs. Topicscovered include:
- Investing in an energy audit.
- Checking local zoning regulations and community development plans.
- Engaging the local utility company and customer friendly interconnection standards.
- Using references to identify renewable energy service providers.
- Understanding renewable energy credits (RECs) and working with aggregators and brokerage firms.
- Seeking legal counsel to address contract terms, rebates, grants, energy credits and potential non-delivery penalties.
The meeting will be held at the Black Swamp Nature Center, 753 Fairground Dr., Paulding, OH. Contact the Paulding County Farm Bureau office for any additional information at: 800-260-3499