Utility vehicles (UTVs) and all-terrain vehicles (ATVs), like the Polaris RANGER and Sportsman, are becoming critical tools for on-farm jobs. If you aren’t using an ATV or UTV, consider the many ways these vehicles can help you complete farm work more quickly and efficiently.
“Off-road vehicles are becoming a must-have on farms and ranches due to their ability to traverse various types of terrain, hard work ethic, ease of maintenance and cost efficiency,” said Chris Vogtman, RANGER Marketing Manager at Polaris Industries.
UTVs and ATVs are often used to help speed up crop plotting and scouting, access difficult to reach fields, set up GPS points, pick up rocks, move irrigation legs, deliver feed, check on animals and more.
Choosing off-road vehicles can also save wear and tear on other farm vehicles. Bouncing a larger vehicle across a rough pasture, or crawling it over rocks could blow out tires or damage other components. UTVs and ATVs have the maneuverability to get you into tight places that you can’t go with pickups or tractors.
Polaris Industries agricultural usage research, conducted in 2014, found that 49.5 percent of respondents use utility vehicles because they get to places other vehicles can’t, with another 45.5 percent saying they’re cheaper to operate than trucks or tractors.
Polaris has distinguished itself with a number of industry-leading innovations that make its utility and off-road vehicles attractive for the ag market. For example, Polaris innovations include:
* PVT variable transmission, which eliminates shifting – an industry first.
* True AWD — an on-demand all-wheel drive system that automatically engages 4WD when you need it.
* First independent rear suspension for smoother riding.
* Electronic fuel injection for better cold-weather starting and performance.
* The broadest line-up of off-road vehicles including gas, diesel and electric models with value and premium offerings.
Polaris offers a discount to Farm Bureau members. Details.