POSITION SUMMARY: Responsible for supporting and implementing field service initiatives associated with promotional and educational events, membership campaigns, and policy development for Allen, Hancock, Hardin, Putnam and Van Wert County Farm Bureaus.
- Provide leadership and direction on special projects as assigned by the Organization Director that are in pursuit of Ohio Farm Bureau and County Farm Bureau goals and objectives.
- Work with county leaders, to provide leadership and direction on county program development and implementation as assigned by the Organization Director.
- Assist Organization Director in developing and enhancing relationships with Nationwide, legislators, governmental agencies, agribusiness, local businesses, affinity partners and other community groups.
- Completed at least one year of undergraduate coursework, majoring in communication, education, business or similar, preferably in agricultural area of study.
- Proficient in basic computer skills
- Must have and maintain a valid driver’s license.
- Ability to drive between counties.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills: Able to effectively write business communications, speak to various groups, etc.
- Self-starter with ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment and maintain deadlines
- Candidates with knowledge of Ohio Farm Bureau and the agriculture industry preferred
- Residence or available housing within Allen, Hancock, Hardin, Putnam, and Van Wert County preferred.
25-35 hours per week from May to August/September, based on availability.
Competitive hourly wage and mileage reimbursement for personal vehicle use.
Interested applicants should send a cover letter and resume no later than April 4, 2016 to Jessica Vandenbroek, via e-mail at [email protected] or by U.S. Mail to:
Putnam County Farm Bureau
℅ Summer Internship
109 W. Sycamore St.
Columbus Grove, OH 45830
For any questions or concerns, please contact the Farm Bureau office at (419) 523-5874.