Butler County Farm Bureau is proud to announce the 2016 scholarship recipients.
- Joshua Nieman is the recipient of the $500 Ray and Mary Jane Friday Scholarship. Josh is attending The Ohio State University pursuing a degree in Computer Science and Engineering while he remains active helping with his family’s tree farm. Josh is the son of Dave and Sally Nieman of Ross Township.
- Karen Hiltbrand is the recipient of the $500 Norma Van Gorden Scholarship. Karen is attending Illinois Central College pursuing a degree in Agricultural Communication-Animal Science. Karen is the daughter of Dave and Kathy Hiltbrand of Seven Mile.
- Kaitlin Butterfield is the recipient of the $500 Butler County Dairy Service Unit Scholarship. Kait is attending The Ohio State University pursuing a degree in Agri Business. Kait is the daughter of Dallas and Amy Butterfield of Milford Township.
- Bailey Plummer is the recipient of the $500 Butler County Farm Bureau Scholarship. Bailey will be attending Bowling Green State University where she will pursue a degree in Early Childhood Education. Bailey is the daughter of Doug and Laura Plummer of West Chester.
- Jenny McFarland is the recipient of the $500 Herrmann Family Scholarship. Jenny will be attending Otterbein University where she will pursue a degree in Zoo and Conservation Science. Jenny is the daughter of Glenn and Gwin McFarland of Oxford Township.
- Katie Hiltbrand is the recipient of the $500 Wm. Lawrence King Sr. and Esther Mary Smith Memorial Scholarship. Katie is attending Oklahoma State University where she is pursuing a degree in Agricultural Education. Katie is the daughter of Dave and Kathy Hiltbrand of Seven Mile.
- Mollie Burwinkel is the recipient of the $500 Wm. L. King Jr. Memorial Scholarship. Mollie is attending The Ohio State University pursuing a degree in Veterinary Medicine. Mollie is the daughter of Dan and Julie Burwinkel of Morgan Township.
Since 1981, Butler County Farm Bureau has awarded 154 scholarships totaling $86,405. 2016 recipients will be honored on Friday, July 29 prior to the Grand Showman of Showmen event at the Butler County Fair. The 2015 scholarship recipients are shown in the picture. Scholarship applications are available each year after Feb. 1.