Ohio Farm Bureau is seeking a self-starter for a management position in Lucas, Ottawa, Sandusky, Seneca and Wood counties. Must be willing to locate to service area. Demonstrated leadership skills and management ability are required as well as a bachelor’s degree in an agriculture-related field. Two years work experience in agriculture or business setting preferred.
POSITION SUMMARY: Provide quality professional service and support to county boards and volunteer leaders to meet the needs of the membership relative to established organizational goals and objectives.
1) Provide leadership and direction to county Farm Bureaus for the purpose of improving the strength, effectiveness, and visibility of the organization in pursuit of stated Ohio Farm Bureau and county Farm Bureau goals and programs.
2) Coordinate and manage an annual membership campaign that incorporates volunteers, Nationwide and other partners which results in organization growth.
3) Work with county leaders to recruit new volunteers and provide leadership opportunities and training to develop and enhance volunteer leadership skills.
4) Assist the county board to oversee county finances and develop an annual budget aligned to county goals and annual audits.
5) Responsible for managing the local Farm Bureau office, including but not limited to personnel, data management, finances, and correspondence.
6) Develop and enhance relationships with Nationwide, legislators, governmental agencies, agribusiness, local businesses, affinity partners and other community groups.
Minimum Educational Experience Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree
Minimum Skill Qualifications
- Proficient in basic computer skills
- Organizational skills
- Capacity to motivate, enthuse and recognize volunteers
- Public speaking abilities
Minimum Other Qualifications
- Must have and maintain a valid driver’s license.
- Must live in a county in the organization director territory.
- One (1) to two (2) years work experience in a business environment.
- Knowledge or experience in agriculture
Deadline to apply: Oct. 20, 2016. Email resume to [email protected].