Ohio Farm Bureau’s Young Ag Professionals program is accepting applications for its state committee. The committee is composed of 8 members or couples who suggest, develop and conduct activities that provide opportunities for young farmers and ag professionals, including planning the yearly leadership conference and hosting Young Agricultural Professionals in a variety of in- and out-of-state events.
An application process is used to select committee members and is based on Farm Bureau involvement, leadership potential and community service. Committee members serve a two-year term that begins at Ohio Farm Bureau’s annual meeting in December and expires two years later at the Young Ag Professionals Leadership Conference in February. Four new couples or singles are appointed each year.
- Between the ages of 18 and 34 and not have reached 34th birthday before Dec. 31, 2017.
- Current Ohio Farm Bureau member and active in county Farm Bureau.
- Past participant in one or more of the following Young Ag Professionals activities:
- Leadership Conference
- Washington, D.C. Leadership Experience
- Excellence in Ag, Outstanding Young Farmer or Discussion Meet contests
- From a county not currently represented on the committee.
- May not participate in a Young Agricultural Professionals contests while currently serving on the committee.
- One-day orientation meeting with all other new team members and leadership conference planning (Sept. 10, tentative).
- Two days during the Ohio Farm Bureau Annual Meeting.
- Committee duties are finished after the Harvest Banquet on Thursday (Dec. 6-8).
- Young Ag Professionals Leadership Conference. The committee meets on Friday morning and returns home Saturday afternoon (Feb. 2-3, 2018).
- Optional – Attend American Farm Bureau Annual Convention (second year committee members only, January).
- Optional – Attend American Farm Bureau Young Farmer & Rancher Leadership Conference (Feb. 9-12, 2018, Location TBD).
- One day committee meeting to plan next Winter Leadership Conference. (Early March)
- Optional – Attending the Young Ag Professionals Washington, D.C. Leadership Experience (second-year committee members only, September).
Download the application for more information.
Chair couple Matt and Liz Funderburgh
Co-chair couple Kyle and Ashton Walls
Secretary Terri Specht
Greg an Theresa Corcoran
Eric and Shelly Prysi
Wes and Brandi Montgomery
Dustin and Casey Converse