Ashland County Farm Bureau will be awarding scholarships to current high school seniors or to students currently enrolled in an institution of higher learning (college or technical school) in the amount of $500, $1,000 or $1,500 entering or continuing in college or a two-year program technical program. All courses of study qualify for scholarship consideration, but bonus points will be given to applicants majoring in an agricultural field.
QUALIFICATIONS OF APPLICANTS:
1. Applicant must be an active member, or the dependant of an active member of the Ashland County Farm Bureau.
2. Applicant must be planning to continue his/her education at an accredited institution of higher education.
3. Applicant must be willing, if requested, to meet with the selection committee for a personal interview.
Applicants will be considered on the following:
- scholastic ability
- citizenship and character
- community, school and church activities
- involvement in FFA/4-H/or other ag related activity
Selection of the final applicants will be made by a committee appointed annually by the president of the Ashland County Farm Bureau Board of Trustees.
The selection committee will present the names of the recommended recipients to the board of trustees for final approval no later than the April board meeting.
Scholarship application is available online, or by writing or calling:
Ashland County Farm Bureau
377 West Liberty Street
Wooster OH 44691
330-263-7456 e-mail: [email protected]
DEADLINE FOR SUBMITTING APPLICATIONS:
Applications must be received in the Ashland County Farm Bureau office in Wooster by April 1, 2017 at 4 p.m.
NOTIFICATION OF WINNER:
Notification of winners will be made to all applicants by May 1. Payment will be made to the recipients upon evidence of paid tuition.