Seven Ohio Farm Bureau members have been appointed to serve on American Farm Bureau’s Issue Advisory Committees.
Members from across the country serve on the committees to share their expertise and experience with American Farm Bureau’s president and board of directors. They help provide policy development recommendations to state Farm Bureaus and AFBF as well as participate in advocacy efforts covered by their committees. Their expertise will be especially important this year as legislators and experts start holding hearings across the country on what the 2018 Farm Bill should look like.
The committees meet during AFBF’s advocacy conference in Maryland where they discuss issues of importance to their specific subject area.
Throughout the year, additional meetings will be held via webinars and conference calls.
OFBF member appointments:
• John Davis, Carroll County, one-year term on Energy
• Fred Finney, Wayne County, two-year term on Food Safety
• Ellen Joslin, Shelby County, one-year term on Trade
• Jerry Lahmers, Tuscarawas County, two-year term on Animal Care
• Mike Poling, Van Wert County, one-year term on Pests and Invasive Species
• Greg Simpson, Clermont County, one-year term on Public Infrastructure
• Joe Steiner, Warren County, one-year term on Farm Policy.