The Ohio Farm Bureau Federation is seeking candidates to serve as ambassadors for the 2017 Ohio State Fair July 26-Aug. 6. Ambassadors will assist OFBF in staffing interactive exhibits and educating fairgoers at the Land and Living Exhibit in the Donahey Ag & Hort Building.
The program provides the opportunity to interact with many leaders in Ohio agriculture and Ohio government.
- Attend a training, safety and engagement orientation.
- Assist OFBF staff with Land and Living implementation. Work in conjunction with exhibit partners, contractors and Ohio Exposition Commission staff on set up of exhibits according to construction timeline. Assist in tear down of displays post fair.
- Coordinate construction efforts with Ohio Exposition Center staff and contractors.
- Commit to scheduled varying shifts for the 10 days of the state fair.
- Ensure OFBF, Our Ohio and Ohio agriculture policies and goals are well represented in the exhibit. Serve as an ambassador for Ohio agriculture to fair attendees. Must be comfortable talking to the public, answering questions and promoting agriculture.
- Assist OFBF lead interns with implementation of summer educational programs.
- Other duties as assigned
Please send cover letter and resume to:
Ohio Farm Bureau Federation
Attn: Susan Gaughan
PO Box 182383
Columbus, OH 43218-2383
Email – [email protected]
Fax – (614) 246-8698
Phone – (614) 246-8298
Must be 16-years-old to apply. Deadline to apply: June 2, 2017