POSITION SUMMARY: To assist the Executive Vice President in the conduct of the business of his office, as outlined in Article VIII, Section 2(b) of the Amended Code of Regulations, and perform the duties of Assistant Secretary to the Board of Trustees. The Senior Executive Assistant and Assistant Secretary to the Board of Trustees is a senior officer with critical responsibilities including: communications liaison between the Board of Trustees, management, political contacts and external vendors. Further to relieve the Executive Vice President of various administrative details, coordinate and maintain effective office procedures and efficient work flow and assist in implementing policies and procedures established by the employer.
- Supports the Board of Trustees in execution of its fiduciary responsibilities, including corporate governance reviews, meeting reporting and other regulatory requirements and providing information on best practices.
- Acts as Recording Secretary to the Board of Trustees. Responsible for the coordination of board, committee and executive meetings, including: preparation of agendas for board meetings; preparation of executive committee meeting material; preparation of letters/correspondence to board of trustees; preparation of pre-board and committee packages (prepare for internet retrieval); preparation of final board and committee packages; manage board action items.
- Coordinates board and board committee calendar, prepares briefing materials in conjunction with the executive management team and documents meetings, including drafting minutes and related follow up.
- Assures that important corporate records, including various board and committee charters and policy manuals, are prepared and retained in accordance with applicable law and sound business practices.
- Maintains corporate calendar for a wide range of corporate activities.
- Manages correspondence for Executive Vice President’s Office and Board of Trustees.
- Maintains discretion and confidentiality in relationships with board members.
- Provides material and assistance for annual Board Procedural Audit.
- Coordinates and completes the Board Orientation Manual.
- Maintains record of individual board expenses and authorizes board expense accounts for payment.
- Coordinates recognition for outgoing board members.
- Updates all correspondence listings for current and past board members, committee members, etc.
- Provides technical support related to web-based reports and information, as needed, to board/committee members.
- Assists with special committees of the Board of Trustees
- Responsible for the coordination of travel arrangements, expense reporting, dictation/correspondence and miscellaneous/special projects for the Executive Vice President and President of the Board
- Directly supervises the receptionist, including but not limited to training, development and workload distribution.
- Must take initiative, analyze many factors and use independent judgment to make informed decisions with frequent access to confidential and sensitive information.
MINIMUM EDUCATIONAL EXPERIENCE QUALIFICATIONS
- Equivalent to college degree
- Five to eight years progressively responsible administrative support experience
- Experience in interfacing with executive management and boards of directors
- Experience with meeting planning, special events and travel arrangements
MINIMUM SKILL QUALIFICATIONS
- Strong technology skills in various computer programs and mobile devices
- Above average organizational skills, attention to detail, able to prioritize and multi task
- Effective and excellent communicator both verbal and written
- Demonstrated ability to achieve demanding goals and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Bachelors degree in a related field
- Ten years of experience supporting corporate level executives
- Comfortable with change, ambiguity and multiple competing demands
- Forward looking thinker who actively seeks opportunities and proposes solutions
- Travel as required including nights and weekends
DEADLINE TO APPLY: Monday, Dec. 4, 2017. Please respond with a cover letter and resume by e-mail to email@example.com.