Marion County Farm Bureau is seeking a part-time (20 hours/week) county office administrator for immediate hire. Position is located in Marion, Ohio. Rewarding, fast-paced office environment for the individual who likes daily variety in their job.
To assist the organization director in developing, maintaining and executing successful programs and services that meet the needs of members, with efficiency and accuracy.
Reports to: Organization Director
- Maintain accurate membership records on all members through the database.
- Maintain accurate financial records. This is currently done using QuickBooks software. All financial accounts must be reconciled in a timely manner.
- Maintain an accurate file system, whether it is done electronically or in hard copy. The filing system will be such that it is easily accessible and organized so that the supervisor can utilize it.
- Keep office equipment well maintained. If problems arise you must notify the supervisor.
- During office hours, promote Farm Bureau activities, member services and benefits, etc. as directed by the supervisor.
- Keep a procedural audit book up to date. Review for accuracy at least one time per year.
- Assist with correspondence and develop and foster good working relationships with Farm Bureau members, Nationwide agencies, partner agencies, and Ohio Farm Bureau staff.
- Prepare and attend county financial audits.
- Maintain an attractive office that includes good housekeeping practices, regular work hours and good telephone communication habits.
- Attend special meetings or conferences that will aid in maintaining and improving the position of office administrator as directed by the supervisor.
- Provide support/event coordination to county leaders on board meetings, county programs and special projects as assigned by the organization director in pursuit of Ohio Farm Bureau and county Farm Bureau goals and objectives.
- Serve as a point of contact for members seeking information about or assistance from Farm Bureau.
- Assist organization director with membership prospecting with agribusinesses, local businesses, affinity partners, and other community groups in an effort to grow membership by developing business partnerships.
- Assist organization director with membership prospecting with consumers and farmers in an effort to grow all individual/family membership classifications for members and supporters.
- Assist organization director and county leaders in maintaining a robust online and social media presence in the area.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the organization director.
Minimum: High School Diploma or GED. Proficient in basic computer skills. Experience with Microsoft Office, Publisher and QuickBooks very helpful. Must have good customer service, phone, organizational and people skills.
Accounting experience and knowledge of agriculture are preferred.
Send resume and cover letter to [email protected] or Marion County Farm Bureau, 1495 W. Longview Ave., Suite 203, Mansfield, OH 44906.