Ashtabula, Geauga, Lake and Trumbull County Farm Bureaus have an opening for a Membership Marketing Intern.
POSITION SUMMARY: Provide special project and program support to the organization director to meet the needs of membership relative to established organizational goals and objectives. Full-time availability is preferred, however the position is flexible starting in May/June – August/September based on student’s availability, class schedule and workload desire. Flexible scheduling, but work may require specific evenings and weekends.
- Develop and implement membership plans for retention of current members and growth of new members. This includes calling lapsed members, collecting information, and ensuring the membership database is up to date and accurate.
- Work with membership committees to develop programs and services for members.
- Develop membership marketing and promotional materials, including applications, welcome kits, certificates, membership cards and other collateral, in collaboration with the Ohio Farm Bureau communications department.
- Work with staff on communicating member needs, services and pertinent information for websites, newsletters and other communication vehicles.
- Suggest new ideas and updates related to membership.
- Actively participate in staff meetings.
- Assist organization director, office administrators and counties in maintaining a robust social media presence in the area.
- Assist county office staff as assigned by the organization director in all areas of county office operations. To include but not limited to administrative tasks, accounting, member correspondence, Nationwide agency support, and member service.
- Other duties as assigned by organization director.
MINIMUM EDUCATIONAL EXPERIENCE QUALIFICATIONS
- High School diploma
MINIMUM SKILL QUALIFICATIONS
- Strong interpersonal skills with ability to work with a wide variety of individuals.
- Excellent communication and customer service skills.
- Capacity to motivate, enthuse and recognize volunteers.
- Proficient in basic computer skills.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Self-starter with ability to multitask in a fast-paced environment and maintain deadlines.
- Outstanding organizational skills.
MINIMUM OTHER QUALIFICATIONS
- Must have and maintain a valid driver’s license and a reliable vehicle.
- Residence or available housing within Ashtabula, Lake, Geauga or Trumbull counties preferred.
- Interest in agriculture/rural Issues.
- Knowledge or experience in agriculture.
- Familiar with Ohio Farm Bureau.
- Competitive hourly wage
- Mileage reimbursement for personal vehicle use outside of normal travel to office
- Flexible scheduling
To apply, please send resume, cover letter and references to:
Northeast Counties Farm Bureau
8220 State Route 45, Suite B
Orwell, OH 44076
or email to [email protected]
Deadline to apply: April 9, 2018
For further information, questions or concerns, please contact Organization Director Mandy Orahood via e-mail: [email protected] or 440.426.2195.