At our 2018 Annual Meeting that will be held on Saturday, Sept. 8, 2018 we will be voting on our proposed policies. Farm Bureau members should be sure to join us to be able to vote. If you would like to attend please call 937-335-1471 or email [email protected] to RSVP.
Below are the proposed policies for Local, State, and National Levels.
Champaign County Proposed Policies 2018
- We encourage Champaign County 911 to handle all emergency calls originating in their county.
- We support our local game warden in setting up a youth deer hunt.
- We encourage working with Champaign County SWCD in educating home owners and land owners on water quality issues.
- We support that any newly elected and current Township Trustee and their employees that operate machinery be required to have a class B CDL with air brakes and be able to pass a DOT physical along with a safety course, supervised by the county engineer.
- We encourage our farmer members to maintain clear site lines when planting near intersections.
- We encourage ODNR to increase the awareness of their youth deer hunt.
- We support working with Clean Water 2020 and Senate Bill 1 to work to improve water quality in the Western Lake Erie Basin.
- We discourage any use of executive order that would cause more regulations on the agriculture industry.
- We support increasing the fuel and road taxes $.03 per gallon and applying road taxes to alternative fuels.
- In the upcoming Farm Bill we support continuing of funding for conservation practices and free trade on agricultural commodities.
- We encourage NRCS and FSA to maintain their current staffing levels.
- We encourage the Secretary of Agriculture to maintain the current staffing levels of all Ag agencies.