Coming up Thursday, Oct. 11, 2018, The Ohio State University and the University of Kentucky will be offering MarketReady Training.
This will be a day-long training covering sale of locally produced foods to restaurants, grocers, wholesalers, and direct to consumers.
Those who should attend the training:
- Individuals interested in selling their locally produced food through various market channels.
- Those who want to explore ways to improve their sales skills and business relationships.
- Those who are considering or are just developing a new food business.
Training will cover:
- How to evaluate and navigate various market channels.
- How to establish an effective business strategy in order to effectively reach their target markets.
- How to approach and interact with various market channels.
- Key business functions included are the differing needs for different market channels; invoicing, ordering, insurance needs, packaging and much more.
Training takes place at Brown County Fairgrounds, 325 W. State St. Bldg. A, Georgetown, OH 45121
Please see the flyer for full details.
Cost is $20 per person, which includes lunch.
Space is limited. Preregistration is required. DEADLINE to register is Oct. 9. Please contact Cindy Kratzer at [email protected] or at 937.378.6716.