Warren County Farm Bureau has decided to sponsor 16 members this year to attend the YAP conference Feb. 1 and 2 in Columbus. If you are interested, please call the Warren County Office at (937) 382-4407. Hurry — these spaces won’t last long!
Agriculture has many faces, just like young ag professionals. We are young adults, single and married, who share a passion for farming, rural living, and/or local foods. We’re full and part-time farmers, Extension agents, teachers, consumer educators, media reporters, livestock and equine enthusiasts, beekeepers, green industry employees, gardeners, foodies and more! We invite you to join us for leadership experience, building personal and professional skills, networking with agricultural leaders, and making a difference in our communities, Farm Bureau and agriculture. Join us for a time of personal and professional development, meeting other young professionals from around Ohio, fun, food and fellowship!
350 N. High Street | Columbus, OH 43215
Early Bird- Dec 17, Late Registration- Jan 4
Friday, Feb. 1
5:30 p.m. Registration and Food
5:30 p.m. Trade Show and Commodity Networking Night
7 p.m. Opening Session – 100 Year Celebration
8 p.m. Discussion Meet Finals
9 p.m. Casino Night and Ag Relief Fundraiser
10:30 p.m. Adjourn
Saturday, Feb. 2
7:30 a.m. Breakfast
8 a.m. General Session
9 a.m. Break and Trade show
9:30 a.m. Round 1 Workshops
- The Squeeze From All Sides: How Farmers Can Leverage Analytics, Networking and Data-Driven Insights to Bring Profit Back to the Farm
- What is Your Most Important Crop?
- Starting your retirement plan now
- Buying a Farm Can Be Challenging
- Water Quality and Nutrient Management Update
11 a.m. Round 2 Workshops
- Market Volatility: Good or Bad? YOUR CHOICE!
- Diversifying with Direct to Consumer Marketing
- Chaos is a Ladder: How the breakup of traditional media creates unprecedented opportunity for farmers to shape the future
- What can Farm Bureau do for you? – Panel
- Neighbor Relations on Your Livestock Farm – Panel
Noon Lunch and General Session
1:30 p.m. Break and Trade Show
2 p.m. Round 3 Workshops
- Beck’s Practical Farm Research
- Is Organic Production for you? – Panel
- Life Lessons from Dwight Schrute
- Financial Benchmarking for Grain Operations
- Gene Editing in Livestock
3:15 p.m. General Session
4 p.m. Extended Learning Session
- Food Evolution Screening: Faces of Farm and Ranching
- Brewing Beer – Home Scale to Microbrewery
- Meal Prep for a Farm Family
- Technology in Agriculture
- Homestead Meatsmithing
5:30 p.m. Adjourn
Feeling Lucky? If you play your cards right, you could be a big winner at our Casino Night. We will be playing with fake money. Cash is encouraged though to support the Ag Relief Fundraiser.
2019 KEYNOTE SPEAKERS
Vance Crowe, Monsanto
It has been said for years that traditional media is being disrupted, but what is replacing it? Who will people listen to when the major media institutions are no longer the primary medium for individuals to understand what is happening in the world around them? Certain platforms are dying while others are thriving and contrary to popular sentiment, it isn’t only young people creating this tumultuous change. Vance will discuss the chaotic change happening within media and describe who is coming to the forefront of popular culture.
Chad Colby, ColbyAgTech
From growing up as an Illinois farm kid to a self-professed technology nerd, Chad Colby has emerged as one of the most sought-after agricultural technology experts in this country and around the globe. Chad will share his explanations of current and emerging technologies in a manner that will leave you embracing concepts and ready to adopt cutting-edge production practices.