We would like to take the time on Tuesdays to introduce you to our trustees! While our trustees are busy with their jobs and families, they still manage to find time to do great work for Farm Bureau and we appreciate all that they continue to do for their respective county! We value these members and their many hours contributed to making Farm Bureau great!
This week we would like to introduce you to Kym Parks.
Where did you grow up?
- I grew up in Blanchester, Ohio on a livestock and grain farm.
How long have you been a Farm Bureau member?
- I have a couple of gaps in my membership but about four years this time.
How long have you been a trustee?
- Going on three years
What is your agriculture background?
- I grew up on a 600-acre cattle and grain farm. I was blessed to show livestock at state and national shows growing up as well as the Clinton County Fair. My family is currently involved in various phases of agriculture. We manage about 15 pure and cross show pig sows and along with that about 20 head of pure and commercial boer goats. We sell most of our show stock to local 4H/FFA participants but also market breeding stock throughout Ohio and nationally.
What is your current job title?
- I handle all aspects of marketing for Airborne Maintenance & Engineering Services and Pemco Cargo Conversions. We have locations in Wilmington, Cincinnati, Tampa and Miami.
What activities have you participated in with Farm Bureau?
- I have been able to be involved on a local level with membership events and helped resurrect our Farmer’s Share Breakfast. I enjoy being involved with our membership and developing those relationships.
What is one interesting fact about yourself?
- My dream date would be with Hoss Cartwright (all about the strongmen!) (I also achieved 1,000# club status at age 45!)