Farm Bureau again has the opportunity to work with Shearer Equipment at their annual Expo at Fisher Auditorium at the Ohio Agricultural Research & Development Center (OARDC), and offer members the ability to fulfill their workers’ compensation safety training obligation by attending specific seminars at the Expo.
Shearer Equipment’s Expo is scheduled as follows:
Thursday, Jan. 24, 2019
Fisher Auditorium (OARDC Campus)
1680 Madison Avenue Wooster, OH
*New this year- breakfast will be available beginning at 8 a.m!*
Upon arrival at the event, sign in at the Farm Bureau table. Please bring your Farm Bureau membership card and your member ID number with you. This is more effective to ensure you are properly registered than your Workers’ Comp number. At the table you will be given a schedule of qualifying presentations you can attend as well as a form that instructors will initial to have your attendance verified. Return the form to the Farm Bureau table and your requirement fulfillment will be noted and your 2019 completion card will be given to you.
The following sessions are available for safety credit. You will need to attend at least two of these sessions:
- Livestock Containment 9 – 10 a.m.
- Drugs in the Workplace 9 – 10 a.m.
- American Red Cross Overview & Information 9 – 10 a.m.
- Dicamba Training 9 – 10:30 a.m.
- Safe Jerky Making 10 – 11 a.m.
- Farm Safety 10 – 11 a.m.
- 1st on the Scene 11 – 12 p.m.
- Chainsaw and Power Equipment Safety 11 – 12 p.m.
- Defensive Driving 1 – 2 p.m.
- Dicamba Training 1 – 2:30 p.m.
- Fertilizer Applicator Recertification 2 – 3 p.m.
Please call the county Farm Bureau office at 330-263-7456 with any questions.