The Ohio Farm Bureau Foundation is seeking a director of development that will be reporting to and working in partnership with the Foundation executive director. The director of development will spearhead the development efforts of the Foundation and develop and implement short-and-long term plans to secure major gifts from members, friends, volunteers, corporations, foundation and other entities in support of the Foundation. In addition, this position will provide support for corporate fundraising and new strategic partnership efforts. Candidate must be highly motivated with a bachelor’s degree and have two-to-five years foundation/fundraising experience. Broad knowledge of Ohio’s agricultural industry is desirable. Competitive salary and benefits package offered.
Please respond with cover letter and resume by e-mail to [email protected].
Deadline to apply: Feb. 22, 2019
1. Develop and execute both annual and special fundraising campaigns for the Foundation.
2. Secure financial support from individuals, foundations and corporations.
3. Develop and maintain ongoing relationships with major donors.
4. Create and execute a strategy for a large sustained base of annual individual donors.
5. Develop and track proposals and reports for all Foundation and corporate fundraising.
6. Coordinate with strategic partnership activities of the Federation.
• Other assignments as assigned by the executive director of the Foundation
MINIMUM EDUCATIONAL EXPERIENCE QUALIFICATIONS
– Bachelor’s degree in business, education or related field.
MINIMUM SKILL QUALIFICATIONS
– 2 – 5 years experience in development or advancement
– Strong communication skills
– Understanding of and proficiency in inter-personal relations
– 5-plus years of foundation/fundraising experience
– Experience working with a board of directors