The Ohio Farm Bureau Federation has an exciting new opportunity for a vice president of strategic partnerships. The successful candidate will help forge new relationships and cultivate strategic partnerships to build Ohio Farm Bureau’s visibility, impact, and financial resources. Must have a proven record of building key relationships that will advance initiatives in agriculture, food literacy and community engagement. A bachelor’s degree in business, agriculture business, communications, agricultural communications or related field is desired as is a minimum of five years in a similar position. Experience preferred in membership association and nonprofit management that includes program development and administration, membership strategy and ability to lead a cross functional team. Competitive salary and benefits package offered.
Please respond with a cover letter and resume by e-mail to [email protected].
Deadline to apply: Feb. 22, 2019
1. Develop a vision to implement new and grow existing partnerships
2. Strategize, develop and direct effective partnership activities for the organization.
3. Lead efforts, along with Ohio Farm Bureau executive vice president, related to growing the OFBF and Nationwide relationship.
4. Lead efforts to grow additional existing partnerships and develop new partnership opportunities, including assisting in the identification of potential partnerships, benefit needs of relevant stakeholders and new market opportunities.
5. Champion and manage new projects to create stronger partnerships.
6. Manage the relationship with members and vendors to build the brand and
7. Collaborate within and outside the organization as needed to devise
strategies and tactics for developing and growing partnerships. Liaise with
partners to solve issues and communicate needs.
8. Manage new Strategic Partnerships Department that consists of
Nationwide Relations, Strategic Partnership Relations, Ohio Farm Bureau Foundation, OFBF Development Corporation, Member Benefits, Member Programs and Services (Young Agricultural Professionals, Youth, Leadership Development), and Events.
9. Contribute to Ohio Farm Bureau media efforts as needed.
10. Manage internal workflow, track revenue and expenses, track project
performance, meet budgetary objectives and report to management and the
Board as directed.
11. Build and maintain key contacts across the food, agriculture, business,
education, political landscapes and more.
12. Daily monitoring of actions of key partners and sharing content with key
staff and leaders.
13. Identify and prepare coworkers and members for specific events/activities.
14. Plan/carryout special events.
15. Collaborate with counterparts in other ag groups, state Farm Bureaus and American Farm Bureau.
16. Preparing materials, communications, reports and more related to growing and maintaining strategic partnerships.
Other assignments as assigned by the Executive Vice President
MINIMUM EDUCATIONAL EXPERIENCE QUALIFICATIONS
– Bachelor’s degree in business, agriculture business, communications,
agricultural communication or related field
MINIMUM SKILL QUALIFICATIONS
– Strong networking skills and influence management skills that translate into
building commitment and driving actions across the organization
– Strong ability to communicate and develop professional relationships with a
wide variety of current and potential organizational partners and members
– Excellent client-facing and internal communication skills including verbal and
written, attention to detail and multitasking skills
– Strong ability to communicate on agricultural topics including (but not limited
to) agricultural business, agricultural production, policy, economics, food
issues, science, social issues, environmental issues
– Strong sales, project management, business, budgeting and financial
management skills with a track record of success
– Supervision, coaching and performance management experience
– Minimum of five (5) years experience in a related position, preferably as a
– Ability to manage employees, budgets
– Goal oriented