The Ohio Farm Bureau Federation is seeking a program specialist in leadership development. The candidate will be working with young agricultural professionals, the youth pathways program and agriculture literacy in developing and executing programming to reach these audiences. The ideal candidate will have a bachelor’s degree in business, agriculture or education with experience in membership associations and knowledge of agriculture.
Please respond with a cover letter and resume by e-mail to [email protected].
Deadline to apply: Feb. 22, 2019
1. Serve as a coordinator of the Young Ag Professionals and Collegiate Farm Bureau programs, with primary responsibilities to include:
- Coordination of Young Agricultural Professionals State Advisory Committee.
- Development of program objectives and goals in conjunction with YAP State Advisory Committee.
- Coordination and facilitation of YAP program planning.
- Coordination and facilitation of YAP contests in conjunction with the American Farm Bureau.
- Develop and assist the growth of Collegiate Farm Bureau programs and contests at agricultural colleges.
- Increase number of Young Active members.
- Integrate YAP programs with other OFBF leadership development programs.
2. Develop and execute programming to promote and encourage Youth Pathways
into Ohio Farm Bureau and Leadership Development
- Coordinate and execute programming for Ohio Youth Capital Challenge, Ohio FFA Leadership Camp and Ohio FFA events (ie: state convention and state officer training).
- Oversee the ExploreAg program in coordination with Ohio Farm Bureau Foundation and OSU Extension.
- Coordinate efforts with the OFB Foundation to provide opportunities for YAP and Young Active membership and encourage a pathway into agricultural careers.
- Create compelling and new programming to encourage Young Active memberships.
3. Support initiatives that create dialogue and educational opportunities about food and agriculture.
- Develop Ag in the Classroom programming with American Farm Bureau resources.
- Create compelling programming to promote ag literacy to nonagricultural audiences.
Other assignments as assigned by the Vice President of Strategic Partnerships and Sr. Director of Leadership Development.
MINIMUM EDUCATIONAL EXPERIENCE QUALIFICATIONS
– Bachelor’s degree in business, agriculture, education or related field.
MINIMUM SKILL QUALIFICATIONS
– Strong organization and communications
– Experience in County Farm Bureau operations
– Experience in project management and training
– Experience in volunteer management and engagement