The Ohio Farm Bureau Federation is seeking a highly qualified candidate to serve as executive assistant to the vice president of strategic partnerships. Candidates will need to perform a broad variety of administrative duties that include meeting arrangements, coordination of board reports, attend committee meetings, take minutes and prepare reports. The ideal individual will exercise good judgement, possess strong written and verbal communication, administrative and organization skills and experience with nonprofit and membership organizations is preferred. Three years as an executive assistant and a working knowledge of the agricultural industry is desired.
Please respond with a cover letter and resume by e-mail to [email protected].
Deadline to apply: Feb. 22, 2019
1. Provide support to the vice president of strategic partnerships and general support to the department.
2. Assist vice president to identify opportunities for new alliances and strengthening existing collaborations.
3. Maintain key contacts across the food, agriculture, business, education, political landscape and more.
4. Make arrangements for meetings, keep accurate records and coordinate department activities, reports, files and schedules.
5. Coordinate board reports, attend committee meetings, take minutes and prepare reports.
6. Anticipate deadlines and projects that require staff planning and preparation.
7. Maintain various spreadsheets/databases to assist vice president and department including expense/income record keeping and others.
8. Possess excellent computer skills/aptitude for word processing (Word), database (Access, iMIS), spreadsheet (Excel) and presentation (PowerPoint).
9. Assist in special event coordination.
Other assignments as assigned by the vice president of strategic partnerships.
MINIMUM EDUCATIONAL EXPERIENCE QUALIFICATIONS
– High School graduate or GED with experience working in an office environment.
MINIMUM SKILL QUALIFICATIONS
– Microsoft Office experience.
– Effective communications skills both oral and written.
– Self starter – dependable, punctual, team player.
– Able to juggle multiple priorities.
– Organizational skills.
– Three years as an executive assistant.
– Working knowledge of Internet search functions and website maintenance.
– Ability to produce PowerPoint and other graphic-based presentations and reports.
– 2-year administrative program degree.
– Understanding of agricultural industry.