Twice a year, Ohio Farm Bureau Foundation awards grants to organizations that support and promote Ohio agriculture as well as local communities. The Action & Awareness grants focus on four core areas: economic development, education, environment and the human-animal bond. The Ohio Farm Bureau Foundation recently awarded $20,700 in grants to these organizations:
- AgriPOWER to support two scholarships for Ohio Farm Bureau’s intensive, year-long leadership program for farmers and agribusiness professionals.
- Crown Point Ecology Center to help convert an existing building into a honey extraction and beeswax processing facility that will be available to local northeastern Ohio beekeepers.
- Friends of the Juvenile Court in Clinton County to help expand an existing program that pairs at-risk youth with local farmers through the 4-H program.
- Ohio Energy Project in support of its Energy Sources Tour and Energy Sources Blitz programs that give teachers behind-the-scenes access to the energy industry.
- Ohio Hop Growers Guild to support its 2019 Ohio Hop Conference in January.
The next application cycle is open Jan. 1 to April 30. Learn more here.