We would like to take the time on Tuesdays to introduce you to our county Farm Bureau trustees! While they are busy with their jobs and families, they still manage to find time to do great work for Farm Bureau and we appreciate all that they continue to do for their county. We value these members and their many hours contributed to making Farm Bureau great.
This week we would like to introduce you to Ike Garland.
Where did you grow up?
- On our family farm in Washington Court House, Ohio (Fayette County)
How long have you been a Farm Bureau member?
- This is only my second year but my parents have been members since I was born.
How long have you been a trustee?
- 2 years.
What is your agriculture background?
- I was raised on the family farm where we grew corn, soybeans and sweet corn. We also raised hogs. I graduated from Wilmington College with a bachelor’s degree in agribusiness.
What is your current job title?
What activities have you participated in with Farm Bureau?
- Farm to Fork, annual meeting, membership (chair), delegate at Ohio Farm Bureau Annual meeting, etc.
What is one interesting fact about yourself?
- I enjoy woodworking in the winter and also like to deer hunt.