Ashtabula, Geauga, Lake and Trumbull counties are excited to introduce some new local programs for 2019. One of those is a Northeast Counties Buy Local Directory that will cover Ashtabula, Geauga, Lake and Trumbull counties. The directory will not only benefit the residents by providing them with contacts for locally sourced goods and services, but it opens up a valuable marketing tool for producers. It’s also a great benefit if you are a Farm Bureau member!
Northeast Counties Buy Local Directory Opportunities
The directories will be distributed at all of the events throughout the year in each of the counties, including county fairs. The directory will also be available online and will be mailed to approximately 6,000 Farm Bureau member families in Ashtabula, Geauga, Lake, and Trumbull Counties.
● Goods and Services Listings: Farm Bureau members (paid) in Ashtabula, Geauga, Lake and Trumbull Counties can list their goods and services in the directory. The first three categories are FREE and additional categories are $5 each. These listings are for Farm Bureau members only.
● Paid advertising spaces: These advertisements provide additional space to promote your business and are available in quarter page increments (1⁄4 page, 1⁄2 page or full page). Ad space is limited and will be accepted on a first-come, first served basis. You do not need to be a Farm Bureau member for paid advertising, however, Farm Bureau members save at least $100. Call us at 440-426-2195 if you are interested in becoming a member.
Local Member Benefits Opportunities
As part of the benefit of being a Farm Bureau member in Ashtabula, Geauga, Lake, or Trumbull Counties, the organization offers its members national, state and local discount programs. At the national and state level, the discounts include hotel savings, equipment discounts, etc. At the local level, there is a desire to offer discounts and other benefits from local restaurants, stores, theaters, events, businesses and more. The benefits are redeemable when members present their current Farm Bureau membership card. The counties are currently expanding local the member benefits program and are inviting participation:
● By recommending local businesses you feel could offer a discount to our members.
● Contacting those businesses on behalf of Farm Bureau (we will provide you with a basic “local benefits kit”) OR
● Offering a local member benefit to Farm Bureau members from your business. Some businesses offer a discount off of every purchase ranging from 5 percent up to 30 percent. Others offer a buy-one, get one program or other promotion. You set the benefit you are comfortable offering, and we will promote your business and the member benefit you provide. There is no additional cost to participate!
Please contact the Northeast Counties Farm Bureau office with any questions at 440.426.2195, or for the forms for these exciting opportunities. We look forward to working with you and meeting our members’ needs in 2019! Be sure to turn completed forms into the Farm Bureau office by April 15, 2019.