The Ohio Farm Bureau Federation is seeking candidates to serve as ambassadors for the 2019 Ohio State Fair. Ambassadors will assist OFBF in staffing interactive exhibits and educating fairgoers at the Land and Living Exhibit in the Nationwide Donahey Ag & Hort Building. The program provides the opportunity to interact with many leaders in Ohio agriculture and Ohio government.
● Attend a training engagement orientation.
● Beginning July 17, assist Ohio Farm Bureau staff with Land and Living implementation. Work in conjunction with exhibit partners, contractors and Ohio Exposition Commission staff on set up of exhibits according to construction timeline. Assist in tear down of displays post fair.
● Coordinate construction efforts with Ohio Exposition Center staff and contractors.
● Commit to scheduled varying shifts for the 12 days of the state fair July 24-Aug. 4, 2019.
● Ensure Ohio Farm Bureau, Our Ohio and Ohio agriculture policies and goals are well represented in the exhibit. Serve as an ambassador for Ohio agriculture to fair attendees. Must be comfortable talking to the public, answering questions and promoting agriculture.
● Assist Ohio Farm Bureau lead interns with implementation of summer educational programs.
● Other duties as needed
Please send cover letter and resume to:
Ohio Farm Bureau Federation
Attn: Julie Shull
PO Box 182383
Columbus, OH 43218-2383
Email – [email protected]
Fax – (614)246-8644
Phone – (614)246-8244
Deadline to apply: May 29, 2019. Must be 16 years old or older.