Ohio Farm Bureau is looking for young farmers and agricultural professionals who have a strong business sense and have been active in Farm Bureau and their communities to apply for the annual Outstanding Young Farmer and Excellence in Agriculture contests.
Outstanding Young Farmer
Selection of the winning competitor is based on his or her efforts in production agriculture and leadership achievement. The ideal candidate(s) for the award is an individual or couple age 18-35 involved in production agriculture with a majority of his or her net income subject to normal production risks.
Excellence in Agriculture
Participants will be judged on their involvement in agriculture, leadership ability, and participation/involvement in Farm Bureau and other organizations (i.e., civic, service and community). The ideal candidate(s) for the award is an individual or couple age 18-35 who does not have the majority of his or her net income subject to normal production risk.
Ohio’s Outstanding Young Farmer Contest Prize Package:
● 250 hours use of an M-Series Kubota tractor, courtesy of Kubota
● Polaris Ranger, courtesy of Polaris
● $1,000 Grainger Gift Certificate, courtesy of Farm Credit Mid-America
● Expense-paid trip to the 2020 American Farm Bureau Annual Convention Jan. 17-22 in Austin.
Excellence in Ag Contest Prize Package:
● A John Deere Gator, courtesy of Farm Credit Mid-America
● $1,000, courtesy of Nationwide and Ohio Farm Bureau
● Expense-paid trip the 2020 American Farm Bureau Annual Convention Jan 17-22 in Austin.
Deadline for the Outstanding Young Farmer and Excellence in Ag applications to Ohio Farm Bureau is Friday, Aug. 9, 2019 by 5 p.m. See contests’ guidelines. Applications can be submitted via e-mail to Kelsey Turner. It is perfectly acceptable for the contestants to use an electronic signature for the Ohio contests. Please contact Turner with any questions or concerns regarding the applications or the contests at 419-603-6796 or [email protected].