The Ohio Farm Bureau Federation is seeking a director of strategic partnerships who has a proven track record in creating and managing key relationships that will increase the visibility and brand of the organization. The candidate will strategize, develop and lead efforts in creating partnership activities for the organization. A bachelor’s degree in business, agriculture, agriculture business, communications, agricultural communications, marketing or related field is desired. Must have excellent networking skills, strong project management abilities, outstanding communication skills both verbal and written and solid sales and financial management skills. Experience in a membership association and nonprofit environment and a passion for agriculture are preferred. Competitive salary and benefits package offered.
Please respond with a cover letter and resumé by email to [email protected].
Deadline to apply: Sept. 20, 2019
1. Implement new and grow existing partnerships.
2. Strategize, develop and direct effective partnership activities for the organization.
3. Lead efforts, designated by the VP of Strategic Partnerships, related to growing the OFBF and Nationwide relationship including:
- Working with the senior consultant, business development for Nationwide Sponsor Relations; business development field director for OFBF; organization directors; Nationwide agents and more to develop mutually beneficial business opportunities.
- Strengthen relationships between Nationwide agents and associates and Farm Bureau programs that enhance sales.
- Develop membership and Nationwide sales opportunities.
- Assist in Land as Your Legacy programming.
- Develop strategies to expand Nationwide’s financial and commercial product and service portfolio within Farm Bureau membership base.
- Work with organization directors and county leadership to promote Nationwide partnership, products and services.
4. Lead efforts, designated by the VP Strategic Partnerships, to grow additional existing partnerships and develop new partnership opportunities, including assisting in the identification of potential partnerships, benefit needs of relevant stakeholders and new market opportunities.
5. Champion and manage new projects to create stronger partnerships.
6. Manage the relationship, as directed by VP Strategic Partnerships, with members and vendors to build the brand and business.
7. Collaborate within and outside the organization as needed to devise strategies and tactics for developing and growing partnerships. Liaise with partners to solve issues and communicate needs.
8. Contribute to Ohio Farm Bureau media efforts as needed.
9. Manage internal workflow, track revenue and expenses, track project performance, meet budgetary objectives and report to management and as directed.
10. Build and maintain key contacts across the food, agriculture, business, education, political landscapes and more.
11. Daily monitoring of actions of key partners and sharing content with key staff and leaders.
12. Identify and prepare coworkers and members for specific events/activities.
13. Plan/carryout special events.
14. Collaborate with counterparts in other ag groups, state Farm Bureaus and American Farm Bureau.
15. Prepare materials, communications, reports and more related to growing and maintaining strategic partnerships.
• Other assignments as assigned by the Vice President of Strategic Partnerships
MINIMUM EDUCATIONAL EXPERIENCE QUALIFICATIONS
– Bachelor’s degree in business, agriculture, agriculture business, communications, agricultural communication, marketing or related field
MINIMUM SKILL QUALIFICATIONS
– Strong networking skills
– Strong ability to communicate and develop professional relationships with a wide variety of current and potential organizational partners and members
– Excellent client-facing and internal communication skills including verbal and written, attention to detail and multitasking skills
– Strong ability to communicate on agricultural topics including (but not limited to) agricultural business, agricultural production, policy, economics, food issues, science, social issues, environmental issues
– Strong sales, project management, business, budgeting and financial management skills with a track record of success
– Minimum of five (5) years experience in a related position
– Ability to manage budgets
– Goal oriented
About Ohio Farm Bureau
Mission – Working together for Ohio farmers to advance agriculture and strengthen our communities.
The Ohio Farm Bureau Federation is a grassroots membership organization that supports programs that ensure the growth of Ohio food and farms, such as advocating for good government policy, developing opportunities for young farmers, providing student scholarships and grants, supporting Ohio food efforts, creating food literacy programs for kids, hosting community building events and funding efforts to protect the environment, water quality, farmland preservation and more.