The Marion County Farm Bureau will accept applications through April 1,2020 for the James H. Johnson Scholarship Fund.
The James H. Johnson Scholarship Fund was established in 1998 by the Marion County Farm Bureau Board of Trustees in honor of James H. Johnson, Marion county farmer and fire fighter. Mr. Johnson worked hard for years to further
Farm Bureau. He gave unselfishly of himself to his family, neighbors and friends. He was taken from the community prematurely in a rescue operation.
The objective of this scholarship fund is to support and further the education of Marion County High School graduates. Applicants may be high school seniors, current college, trade school or graduate school students.
Scholarship Amount: Maximum of $500
Qualifications of Applicants
1. Parents/legal guardians of applicants or applicants must be members of Marion County Farm Bureau.
2. Parents/legal guardians and applicant must be residents of Marion County.
3. Applicant must be enrolled as a full-time student in a four year or two year university or technical program.
4. Applicant is required to submit an official grade transcript to the selection committee at the end of the first quarter/semester showing a GPA of no less than 2.5 on a scale of 4.0.
5. Scholarship monies will be paid to the student during the second quarter/semester upon verification of grades and proof of enrollment for the next quarter/semester.
6. Recipient may not reapply.
Applicant selection will be made by a Marion County Farm Bureau scholarship selection committee. Personal interviews of the applicants may be requested by the committee.
The deadline for application submission is April 1, 2020
Applications should be made online here.
All applicants will be notified of results by May 30, 2020.