The Cuyahoga County Farm Bureau, a nonprofit organization, is seeking an office manager (35 hrs/week) for immediate hire. This position offers a rewarding,
fast-paced office environment for the individual who likes daily variety in his or her job.
To assist 13 County Farm Bureau organizations in developing, maintaining and executing successful programs and services that meet the needs of members with efficiency and accuracy.
Responsible to and supervised by the one regional supervisor and four organization directors who in turn work directly with the 13 County Farm Bureau organizations.
1. Support company operations by maintaining office equipment, supply inventory and systems.
2. Supervise office staff through recruiting, selecting, orienting and training employees.
3. Maintain office staff job results by coaching, counseling and disciplining employees, and planning, monitoring and appraising job results.
4. Maintain accurate membership records on all members through the database.
5. Maintain accurate financial records. This is currently done using QuickBooks software. All financial accounts must be reconciled in a timely manner.
6. Maintain an accurate file system, whether it is done electronically or in hard copy. The filing system will be such that it is easily accessible and organized so that the supervisor and organization directors can utilize it.
7. During office hours, promote company activities, member services, etc as directed by the supervisor.
8. Work in conjunction with the directors in putting together mailings for the county Farm Bureaus.
9. Develop and foster a good working relationship with company and its affiliates.
10. Prepare and attend county financial audits.
11. Maintain an attractive office that includes good housekeeping practices, regular work hours and good telephone communication habits. Inform supervisor of any building maintenance issues (boiler, lights/electric, etc).
12. Reach out to members for customer service interactions, including member retention.
13. Attend special meetings or conferences that will aid in maintaining and improving the position of office administrator as directed by the supervisor or organization directors.
14. Perform other duties as assigned by the supervisor or organization directors.
- High School diploma, more education or job experience preferred
- Previous management experience
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work with a wide variety of individuals
- Excellent customer service skills
- Proficient in basic computer skills (Quickbooks and Microsoft)
- Experience with Google Drive/Docs
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Self-starter with ability to multi-task and maintain deadlines
- Outstanding organizational skills
- Understanding of Farm Bureau
Starting pay for this position is $17 per hour. This position does not offer a health insurance benefit.
To apply, please send resumé, cover letter and three references to [email protected]. Applications will be accepted through March 16, 2020.