The Union County Farmers Market is seeking an intern for the 2020 season. The position would involve 8-16 hours /week. There are 21 Saturday markets. The Market begins May 16 and ends Oct. 3. Training would ideally begin April 27, 2020. The successful candidate would receive a $1000 scholarship funded by Union County Farmers Market and Union County Farm Bureau. Funds will be paid directly to the college or university where the student is enrolled. If the student attends Ohio State, the internship would meet the 200 hours required for completing an internship.
The applicant would report to the market manager and exhibit these qualities: dependability, ambition and good communication skills.
The ideal candidate should:
- Have basic farming/gardening knowledge and be conversant in such.
- Be competent in social media, have access to a computer and assist with promoting the farmers market on social media.
- Help with planning the summer and fall market festivals and Saturday market events.
- Help with administrative tasks, i.e. taking market pictures on Saturdays, prepping items for use at the market.
- Other duties as assigned by market manager.
Applications are due by April 10, 2020.
Please send a cover letter and resume to:
Attn: Kathy Custer, [email protected]