Ohio Farm Bureau members ages 18-35 with an interest in serving on the 2020-2021 Young Agricultural Professionals State Committee should apply by May 22, 2020.
The committee is composed of eight members or couples who suggest, develop and conduct activities that provide opportunities for young farmers and ag professionals, including planning the yearly leadership conference and hosting Young Agricultural Professionals in a variety of in- and out-of-state events.
Selection is based on Farm Bureau involvement, leadership potential and community service. Committee members serve a two-year term that begins at Ohio Farm Bureau’s annual meeting in December and expires two years later at the Young Ag Professionals Leadership Conference in January. Four new couples or singles are appointed each year.
- Between the ages of 18 and 34 and not have reached 34th birthday before Dec. 31, 2020.
- Current Ohio Farm Bureau member and active in county Farm Bureau.
- Couples must be a union recognized by the state.
- Past participant in one or more of the following Young Agricultural Professionals activities: an OFBF YAP Leadership Conference or Washington, D.C. Leadership Experience, or a YAP contest
- From a county not currently represented on the committee.
- Previous committee members are not permitted to apply for a second term.
- May not participate in a Young Agricultural Professionals Contest while currently serving on the committee
- One-day orientation meeting with all other new team members and leadership conference planning (September).
- Two days during the Ohio Farm Bureau Annual Meeting.
- Committee duties are finished after the opening session on Friday (Dec. 10-11, 2020).
- Young Ag Professionals Leadership Experience. The committee meets on Friday morning and returns home Saturday afternoon (Jan. 22-23, 2021).
- Optional – Attend American Farm Bureau Annual Convention (first year committee members only, January).
- Optional – Attend American Farm Bureau Young Farmer & Rancher Leadership Conference.
- One day committee meeting to plan next Winter Leadership Experience. (Early March)
- Optional – Attend the Young Ag Professionals Washington, D.C. Leadership Experience (second year committee members only, September).
Download the application for more information.