The Excellence in Agriculture Award competition is designed as an opportunity for young agricultural professionals who do not derive the majority of their income from production agriculture to earn recognition for their contributions to the agriculture industry, while actively contributing and growing through their involvement in Farm Bureau and agriculture.
Ideal candidate qualities
- Involvement in agriculture and participation in Farm Bureau programs at the local, state, and national levels is highly encouraged.
- Demonstrates strong leadership ability in Farm Bureau and in other organizations.
- Contributes civic involvement in the community.
- Possesses passion for resolving issues in agriculture today and the ability to propose an action plan for these challenges.
- Ability to communicate agricultural journey through written and verbal platforms.
- An applicant can be either an individual, a married couple or a couple who has similar legal rights under the law applicable to Ohio. Applicant(s) may choose to apply individually or as a couple.
- Applicant(s) must not have derived a majority of net income from an owned production agriculture enterprise in any of the past three years.
- Must be an active/voting member of a county Farm Bureau.
- Must be 18-35 years of age prior to Jan. 31, 2021.
- Previous state winners and current Young Agricultural Professionals State Committee members are ineligible.
- Past and present members of the American Farm Bureau YF&R Committee may not apply.
Top three runners-up receive recognition at the 2020 Ohio Farm Bureau Annual Meeting and a Young Ag Professionals 1/4 zip pullover.
State winner(s) will be recognized for their accomplishment at the 2020 OFBF Annual Meeting Dec. 10 and will receive travel expenses to compete at the American Farm Bureau Annual Convention January 2021 in San Diego.
Applicant Interest Call
Are you interested in applying for the 2020 contest, but aren’t sure exactly what the contest entails? Join Farm Bureau for a one-hour Zoom call with previous year winners and get all your questions answered
7 p.m. to 8 pm
Email Kelsey Turner, [email protected] to obtain the Zoom log-in information.