I am Kaitlyn Meeker, president of the Ross County Farm Bureau. I’m writing to wish you a safe and happy holiday season, and to thank you for being a member of the Ross County Farm Bureau.
As a member of Ohio Farm Bureau you stand with 812 Ross County Farm Bureau members and 83,293 members statewide who work together to advance agriculture and strengthen communities.
2020 was a challenging year, but the work of Ross County Farm Bureau didn’t stop. Your membership enabled us to have a positive impact in our community:
- Awarded two college scholarships to local students
- Raised nearly $10,000 for local M.A.D.E. Drug Free Clubs of America Chapters
- Received a prestigious award from American Farm Bureau for M.A.D.E on the Farm
- Delivered Nationwide Financial Essentials education webinars to members
- Provided Foodpreneur Business Coaching to local food and farm business owners
- Offered Raising Backyard Chickens Grow and Know online education
The Ross County Farm Bureau invited members to contribute to the policy development process. We met with local candidates during elections to understand their value alignment with Farm Bureau members. Four delegates represented Ross County at the 2020 Ohio Farm Bureau Annual Meeting to advance policy initiatives that support our community.
The Ohio Farm Bureau Federation worked hard on your behalf at the state level. When the pandemic hit, Farm Bureau made sure agriculture and the entire food system was included as ‘critical infrastructure’ and ‘essential.’ Ohio Farm Bureau advocated for farm support resulting in billions of dollars in USDA direct payments to assist farmers and business owners through the CARES Act. We ensured farm markets were treated as grocery stores, allowing direct farm sales to continue as a source of income for farmers. Ohio Farm Bureau worked to minimize food chain disruptions including dairy and meat processing.
Members like you make it happen.
Thank you for your continued support, and warm wishes this holiday season from the Ohio Farm Bureau Family.