The Union County Farmers Market is seeking an intern for the 2021 season. The position would involve 8-16 hours per week. There are 21 Saturday markets; the market begins May 22 and ends Oct. 2. Training would ideally begin April 15, 2021. The successful candidate would receive a $1000 scholarship funded by Union County Farmers Market and Union County Farm Bureau. Funds will be paid directly to the college or university where the student is enrolled. If the student attends Ohio State, the internship would meet the 200 hours required for completing an internship.
The applicant would report to the Market Manager and exhibit these qualities:
- good communication skills.
The ideal candidate should:
- Have basic farming/gardening knowledge, and be conversant in such.
- Be competent in social media and have access to a computer and
assist with promoting the farmers market on social media.
- Help with planning summer & fall market festivals and Saturday
- Help with administrative tasks, i.e. taking market pictures on
Saturdays, prepping items for use at the market.
- Other duties as assigned by Market Manager.
Applications are due by Feb. 27, 2021
Please send a cover letter and résumé to:
Attn: Kathy Custer [email protected]